Following feedback from Parent’s Evening we’ve put together some information and resources to help with home learning. Please take a look at the attached resources, as well additional information on clubs and reading.
What is your Role as a Parent/Carer?
- Attendance Officer: the best preparation for progress is ensuring your child is in school on time and attending lessons
- Personal Assistant: help your child organise their time. Some deadlines overlap. Are the dates on the calendar?
- Project Manager: agree a revision timetable, find a quiet space, what equipment is needed, how long will they work for?
- Go-between: contact teachers if your child can’t or won’t ask questions or complete homework
- Examiner: test your child on key knowledge using their revision materials. For instance, can your child recall formulae needed in Mathematics and Science?
A broader extra curricular timetable can also be found on our Extra Curricular Activities page.
|English reading||Every lunch and break||Library|
|Maths intervention||Tuesday 3pm – 4pm||223A|
|Science||Thursday after school||317B|
The Benefits of Reading Books
Learn more about how you can support your child with their reading and access recommended reading lists on our Reading page.
- Exercises your brain
- Provided knowledge and information
- Reduces stress, puts you in a better mood
- Improves writing skils
- Great and free/cheap entertainment
- Improves concentration and focus
- Enriches language and vobaculary
- Develops creativity
- Books pose questions to stimulate further reflection
- Increases your ability to empathise with others
- Reading broadens our imagination