02) What do I need to do if my child already has special educational needs?

More information on Manchester’s local offer can be found at: www.manchester.gov.uk/sendlocaloffer

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs, this will be transferred to an Education and Health Care Plan by May 2018. We will give you more information at your child’s Transfer Review. The new legislation focuses on outcomes for young people and engaging parents, families and carers. At the Annual Reviews and through the SEN Parent Forums we will be actively seeking your views to contribute to improving outcomes for your child.

If your child does not have a Statement or Education Health Care Plan we will meet with you as and when necessary and you will be able to see us at any of the drop-in sessions of Parent’s Evenings.

Should you wish to discuss anything, please contact Mrs Owen, SENCO.

Beacon School logo Confederation of School Trusts logo Healthy Schools Manchester 2017/18 Silver Award Secondary Geography Quality Mark 2018-21 School Games Gold Award 2017/2018 Association for Physical Education Working Towards Inspiring IAG Rainbow Flag Award for Outstanding Skilled Teacher Cyber Essentials Certificate logo A Co-operative Trust School Education and Leadership Trust logo