All staff have had training in line with the SEN Code of Practice 2014. There is an on-going rolling programme of professional development for our staff, throughout the school year.
- The SENCO and Assistant SENCO have a wide range of experience and provide staff with training and updates
- Staff are regularly trained on the needs of new students joining the school
- SEN training forms part of the continuing professional development of all teachers and TAs and is organised in accordance with the needs of the students
- The school works closely with other local schools and the Specialist Outreach Services to develop our own knowledge and expertise
- The EP and SpLD teacher and Visual Impairment team will be offering training sessions for staff across the school