I am passionate about raising aspirations and supporting each student to achieve their potential, we provide a high quality education to students aged 11-16. We pride ourselves on our high expectations and high standard; our pupils feel safe, happy and secure and are able to thrive in a caring and supportive environment where the co-operative values of respect, self-reliance and teamwork underpin all we do.
Our academic, vibrant community and emphasis on developing the whole student makes us a popular and over-subscribed Academy. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum, with small class sizes tailored to our students’ needs. Guided choice at Key Stage 4 helps students access the pathway that is best suited to them. Our holistic curriculum supports the spiritual, moral and social development of our students. The Academy’s distinctive offer provides students with a solid foundation for success as confident and respectful young adults.
The Academy offers an extensive and diverse range of after school activities including choir, football, film, creative writing and boxing. Students enjoy a wide range of sports and leisure opportunities, including competitive sport in-school, locally and nationally. Our Head Girl and Head Boy lead a team of prefects and are developing a thriving Student Voice committee. Working together to represent students’ views across the school, they deliver an inspirational programme of social and charitable activities.
We look forward to welcoming our students and their parents/carers, prospective students and parents/carers and guests to the Academy as we strive to build on previous successes.
– Mr A. Benedict (Academy Headteacher)
Trust Vision and Ethos
Whalley Range is a large 11-18 High School of 1500 girls located in the heart of inner city Manchester. Levenshulme is a school of 1,000 girls. The East Manchester Academy is a mixed school of 970 students in the heart of Manchester’s regeneration area in Beswick. They serve some of the most deprived wards in Manchester and embrace and celebrate their cultural diversity.
The schools receive their intake from over 75 primary schools from within and beyond Manchester. Whalley Range is the only community school in Manchester offering single sex post 16 provision. Over 90% of Sixth Form students are from ethnic minority backgrounds.
We have a Clear Mission
To educate, inspire and empower young people to be the next generation of leaders.
We will teach resilience so students can achieve outstanding results and thrive in a challenging future.
The co-operative values of cooperation, self-reliance, team work, democracy and ethical approaches to business will inform our trust values. These values and principles will underpin the work of the Trust and we believe will contribute to strengthening the schools’ links with their local communities.
In particular, we are interested in raising standards of achievement through:
- Working collaboratively with others, including education, business, health and sporting partners, to raise standards and opportunities
- Having honest and open relationships with all other partners, helping each other to reach common goals
- Developing a global perspective rooted in the co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity
- Upholding the ethical values of integrity, honesty, fairness and responsibility
- Adopting a mutual stake-holding model where membership will be open to all involved with the school (children, parents / carers, members of the community, partners and staff)
- Developing further meaningful and sustainable links with the communities served by the Academy Trust
- Promoting learning and enterprise opportunities to develop concepts of social entrepreneurship locally, regionally and globally
- Sharing professional development programmes to build professional and social capital
- Building on positive relationships with parents
- Raising the aspirations of our students and families through sustainable links with higher educational establishments in order to develop routes to economic well-being
The Trust, through its local and wider partnerships, will work to support all schools in involving parents/carers and other stakeholders and assisting in the development of the next generation of adults who will drive our community forward and enable it to thrive. It will strive to more effectively involve all schools with their communities and vice versa.
The Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester University, is the largest Business School in the UK. We are enjoying working together to raise standards and aspirations
The Manchester United Foundation is working with us on a three year project to raise aspirations and inspire young leaders
0161 224 4625
60 Grey Mare Lane,
0161 230 8039
0161 861 9727
0161 860 2984