It is up to parents/carers to apply for free school meals on behalf of their child.
It is very important that we know who is entitled to free school meals; not only so that we can provide your child with a lunch every day, free of charge, but also because the school will receive additional funding; which we use to support your child’s education and ensure that they reach their full potential.
The only way to find out if we should give your child free school meals is to check your eligibility online via the link below:
If you experience any difficulty with this process, please contact Student Services who will be pleased to assist you wherever possible.
What is the qualifying criteria for free school meals?
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit