The Parent Toolkit offers top tips for parents/carers to support their child outside of the classroom, through a series of short guides to help you support their use of GCSEPod:
- What can you do to support your child?
- Logging into GCSEPod
- Finding the right pods
- How to build playlists
- Check & challenge
- Using learning activities
- Monitoring usage
- Pod study list
The above guides are also available in Chinese and Arabic, via the Parent Resources section of GCSEPod’s website.
At TEMA we use Knowledge Organisers to help students recap, revisit and revise what they have learnt in their lessons. Learn more about Knowledge Organisers and how to use them with your child.
General Study Tips for Parents/Carers
- Ensure that your child attends school regularly and on time
- Talk to your child about their learning, work they have to do and deadlines
- Contact your child’s tutor if you have any questions or concerns
- Attend parent evenings
- Check the examination timetable and ensure they understand when their exams take place
- Provide your child with a quiet place to study
- Make sure they take regular breaks
- Ensure that they eat healthy food and drink plenty of water
- Test your child on the work they have been revising or encourage older siblings to test them
- Ensure that they go to bed at a reasonable time and get enough sleep
- Ensure that they revise thoroughly for both the mock and final examinations